Hurricane Matthew Recovery Plan
Florida felt the wrath of Hurricane Matthew last week and many Florida residents are now left to handle the aftermath of this deadly storm. The Atlantic coast had to deal with strong winds, persistent heavy rains that brought ocean waves across beaches, and rising water throughout the coastal communities. Flash-floods have been of major concern, leaving homeowners desperate to protect their families and their homes from damage.
Estimates point to over 1 million people left without power due to Hurricane Matthew and while the storm did not directly hit the Sunshine State, the winds, rain, and storm surges left countless homes damaged. As homeowners and property managers attempt to get back to “normal”, having a recovery plan is crucial.
If your home or commercial property has experienced flood damage, it is important to do the following:
- Remove lamps and other electrical items
- Use a mop to remove any excess water
- Take any wet cushions or upholstery and remove them
- Wipe down wood furniture carefully
- Place wood blocks or aluminum foil under the legs of furniture sitting on wet carpeting
- Turn the air conditioner on maximum to increase air circulation as much as possible
- Move colored rugs away from wet carpeting
- Remove any artwork or nice objects to a dry area
- Contact SERVPRO of Lake Worth / Boynton Beach for 24-hour emergency service
Our professionals are the best people to assess the damage and then restore your property. With South Florida’s most trustworthy, professional storm damage specialists, we are prepared to get your home or commercial property back to its pre-storm condition. Contact us today to learn more about our unmatched storm and flood restoration service.