A Clean Workspace Checklist
Business owners know how overwhelming running an office can be 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When it is your responsibility to oversee the day-to-day operations within a company, cleaning is understandably the last thing on your mind. From dusty cabinets to stained carpet floors to smelly kitchens and everything in between, keeping your workspace clean and neat is a constant challenge. However, keeping a workspace tidy is actually more important than many business owners imagine. Studies have shown that work productivity and employee morale is much higher when an office space is kept well-ordered and organized. As such, hiring commercial cleaning services to regularly visit your office and clean is vital to your business’s bottom line.
In addition to encouraging and motivating your employees, a clean office is also critical for clients and guests who visit your workspace. How can a potential client trust that your company will provide great services if your office is a mess? Spend some time today walking around your office and give yourself a grade against this clean workspace checklist:
- Clean floors: check for carpet stains and dirt on hard floors
- Trash cans: empty your trash cans each night and wash as needed
- Dusting: spot check all surfaces and furniture for unwanted dust
- Fingerprints: remove any marks from glass doors, windows, surfaces, and walls as well as any door frames and light switches
- Disinfect: make sure all floors are mopped and door handles are cleaned
- Cabinets: spot clean and polish all office furniture to remove any unwanted stains
- Break Room: keep kitchen and fridge/freezer clean and tidy, throw away expired or old food/beverages
- Vents: vacuum vents once a month
- Organize: make sure all files, folders, and papers are neatly stored
- Restrooms: refill soap dispenser, disinfect surfaces, clean toilets, and make sure that all bathroom appliances are operating correctly
No matter what type of office you run, cleanliness is essential to the well-being of your business and its employees. Be sure to keep this checklist in mind while you perform regular cleanings throughout your workspace.