Most Common Signs of Water Damage
Water damage in a home can be a serious problem if not detected early. Unfortunately, loose water inside of a house can flow virtually anywhere it wants to and thus presents a potential issue for homeowners who are unaware of its existence. Contrary to popular belief, a leaky or busted pipe is not always easy to notice, especially when water is moving slowly. The ability to recognize the most common signs of water damage is critical to identifying the problem before it becomes a costly, major headache. While water damage repair and restoration can fix almost any losses, protecting your home or business from water damage by spotting the signs early is extremely important.
Things like flood damage or a toilet overflow show water damage in a property clearly. However, some of the most damaging issues come from the seemingly undetectable leaks. The following are the most common signs of water damage:
- Moisture in carpet or other flooring
- Painted walls with raised lines or wallpaper that begins to peel
- Dark grouting around floor tiles
- Separation between trim or baseboards from the wall
- Stains on ceilings that look like rust or watermarks
- Mold spore growth on walls or ceilings
- A musty odor in particular spots in the home
- Higher water bills
- Buckling of wood floors
- Changes in the “typical” sounds of the plumbing system
From the walls to the floors, water damage usually shows itself in one way or another. Being aware of the common signs of water damage can help homeowners to save money and the integrity of the home’s structure. If you think that your home is showing some of the above signs, contact us today to learn more about our water damage repair and restoration services!