Preparing Your Business for the New Year
As a business owner, thinking forward to the coming year is critical to maintaining current goals and setting new objectives. People often look at New Year’s resolutions as personal goals like losing weight, being more attentive to loved ones, or giving back to the community. While all of those resolutions are important, people fail to look at New Year’s resolutions as it relates to their own business. From treating your employees well to creating a solid company culture, being introspective this time of year should extend personal life and move into your business world. The most savvy business owners take time each year around the holidays to reflect on successes, analyze failures, and set new goals for the year to come.
December is often chaotic for businesses of all kinds. As such, it is imperative to be diligent in your efforts to shift focus to the year ahead. We suggest spending some time as many of your employees as possible in order to get feedback. In doing so, you will have a well-rounded idea of where to start your business resolutions brainstorming session. Consider the following as your write down your company’s New Year’s resolutions:
- What is the industry as a whole doing differently that your company? Where do you see major trends going?
- How is your competition identifying opportunities in the marketplace? What can you adopt from competitors who are doing well?
- Who is an outstanding employee? How can you give them more responsibility moving forward?
- What are the overhead costs in your organization? Are there any ways to cut that number down?
- Does your office have a happy, positive mindset? Company culture is critical to productivity, is yours a constructive one?
These questions will lay the foundation for your company to succeed. Start by writing down overarching goals and then create specific bulleted lists as to how your organization will achieve them. On behalf of SERVPRO, we wish you a happy, healthy, and successful 2018 and beyond!