Successful Shortcuts to Fire Damage Remediation in West Palm Beach
How to Prevent Fire Damage West Palm Beach Garages
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, January and February are the peak months for fire damage caused by garage fires in residential properties with electrical malfunctions being the culprit in the majority of these fire loss events.
The reason fire damage in a West Palm Beach garage has the potential to leave behind so much damage is that many homeowners do not put heat alarms in their attached garages to give them early warning of a fire before it grows out of control. Overloaded electrical outlets combined with flammable substances such as gas for the mower, paint or varnish, and fertilizer can all contribute to making a small fire into a large scale home disaster.
The technicians have extensive training for the best practices in the cleanup from fire loss for both the structure and contents. They have different cleaning agents and methods to release different kinds of smoke residue from surfaces and restore items to their preloss condition.
Tips for Preventing Fires in Garages
Some good practices to reduce the chance of a fire starting in your garage include:
- Store flammable materials such as gasoline, propane, and paints in a shed away from the house.
- Store combustible items such as cleaning rags or paper away from appliances that could spark.
- Use only a single charging appliance in an outlet.
- Do not plug extension cords or strip plugs into each other.
- Remove clutter and store items in easy-to-move plastic bins.
- Install a heat alarm instead of a smoke alarm in your garage, heat alarms response to rises temperature, and are not affected by humidity, dust, insects, or fumes.
- Do not fill portable gas cans in the garage as the fumes have the potential to collect.
- If a flammable substance spills in the garage, clean it up as soon as possible.
Fire damage needs professional cleanup and restoration for maximum protection against property and contents loss. Call SERVPRO of Lake Worth at (561) 588-9777, their certified techs are available 24/7 to restore your home to its pre-fire condition, "Like it never even happened."
Click here to learn more about West Palm Beach.