What to Do After Large Scale Water Damage in Lake Worth Homes
SERVPRO’s How To For Water Damage
There are many ways a home can get hit with massive water damage. Hot water tank failures dump tens of gallons of water rapidly, a pipe burst when the homeowner is away or asleep can result in copious amounts of water before the water gets turned off. When disasters like this occur, knowing the actions to take can assist in lessening the loss to both the structure and contents.
After interior water damage happens in Lake Worth homes, there are actions a homeowner can take to get ahead in the cleanup efforts before SERVPRO team members arrive on-site such as:
- Mop or use towels to blot excessive water
- Wipe water from wood furnishings
- Unplug and remove lamps if it is safe to do so
- If upholstered furniture is wet, prop the cushions up
- Place foil or blocks under solid wood furniture legs and wet carpet, so the stain does not bleed into the fibers creating a permanent stain
- Pick up magazines, printed materials, and colored rugs from wet carpet to prevent stains
- Remove framed art and photographs on the walls to another area of the home away from the elevated humidity conditions
Inspection on Arrival by SERVPRO
The technicians carefully scope the home to determine all areas of water migration. This attention to detail ensures during the extraction and drying phases; no water gets left behind. When homeowners have already moved small objects and prevented the bleeding of dyes and stains onto the wet carpet, it allows the mitigation to go that must faster.
Even Drying of the Structure and Contents
When SERVPRO technicians set up their drying equipment, they are careful to deploy air movers and dehumidification equipment in numbers that work to bring down the ambient air moisture levels at roughly the same pace. Hence, the structure dries evenly and on schedule. The techs monitor the process by taking air readings while the equipment is running to ensure the process stays on schedule.
When water damage is the problem, SERVPRO of Lake Worth at (561) 588-9777 is the solution. The certified techs have the experience and equipment to make the loss "Like it never even happened."
See more about Lake Worth.