How Should You Prepare Your Business for the Upcoming Holiday Season?
SERVPRO Can Help Your Prepare Now to Keep Your Business Safe for the Holiday Season
Even though it's summer, the holiday season is right around the corner. For many businesses throughout Lake Worth, this is the time of year to prepare the commercial properties for increases in customers, and hopefully, increases in sales. From office holiday parties to family gatherings, the holiday season is truly the most wonderful time of year. Unfortunately, however, it is also the time of year when business owners must account for potential criminal attacks. As such, it is vital for Lake Worth businesses to create a security plan for the holiday season.
Small business owners are at risk of robberies since they often have extra cash in-store during this time of year. Be sure to keep in mind the following safety tips in the upcoming holiday season:
- Go over all the security employees with the staff and ensure they have a thorough understanding of protocols
- Check that all alarm systems, surveillance cameras, locks, and cybersecurity software are in working order
- Ensure locking all doors and windows upon closing each night
- Update your system to account for the extended holiday hours
- Try to make bank deposits at different times, avoid having a set routine
- Consider bringing on a nighttime security guard
- Avoid checking your business email account when you are on a public Wi-Fi network
- Install an outside lighting system
- If hiring seasonal employees, be sure to do thorough background checks
The holiday season is a profitable period for many businesses, but an unexpected break-in could send your business into a tailspin. When it comes to small business security, you cannot be too careful. Should your business need emergency restoration, SERVPRO of Lake Worth is always available. Contact us at (561) 588-9777.
More about Lake Worth.