Expectations for Professional Mold Removal
Spreading throughout a residential or commercial property in as little as 48 hours, mold infestations are something that must be taken seriously. It is important to understand that since mold spores live everywhere, both indoors and outdoors, any company claiming the ability to remove all mold from a building is being dishonest. The reality is that microscopic mold spores occur naturally and only become an issue in high quantity. The problem in the mold remediation industry is that far too many companies make false claims and are actually lacking the skills, experience, and equipment to so that job the right way.
Mold removal is a specialized skill that requires licensing to do the job effectively, safely, and with the proper restoration techniques. The following are important qualities to look for when you are hiring a professional mold removal and restoration company:
- An Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist should be on the job
- An inspection and assessment should be done to determine mold damage
- Actions should be taken to contain the mold and prevent spreading (the best method is using negative air chambers to isolate the contaminated area)
- Air filtration should be used
- Protective safety gear should be worn at all times when dealing with mold projects – look out for things like face masks, gloves, or even a full suit if the mold issue is very large
- Antifungal and antimicrobial treatments will be utilized
- All contents in the contaminated areas should be cleaned properly to not only disinfect but to also remove odors
- Restoration should take place last to restore affected areas and repair damage
SERVPRO is proud to offer our mold damage repair and restoration services at a reasonable cost. Unlike some of our competitors, our highly trained mold remediation specialists are here to quickly restore your property. Call us today to learn more!